Click buttons below or scroll down to see detailed information about software modules
A – AXIAL STRAIN T – TRANSVERSAL STRAIN AT – AXIAL & TRANSVERSAL STRAIN TR – TORSIONAL PP – POST PROCESS DIC AREA 3D – STEREOSCOPIC DIC DIN – DEVICE INPUT CL – CRACK LENGTH LSD – LINE STRAIN DISTRIBUTION ITT – INTELLIGENT TENSILE TEST
MODULE & DEVICE COMPATIBILITY MATRIX
SOFTWARE MEASURING TOOLS
A basic measuring probe for displacement determination.
An elementary measuring probe for strain and length determination
Offers a multi-positional transversal measurement with averaged and max/min width functions.
Probe for axial neck detection. Provides improved E-modulus reading and eliminates invalid tests caused by failure outside the gauge length area.
A probe designed for bending tests. Measures strain over a curved shape and enables to visualize the real-time strain distribution.
Enables dual position angular twist and strain measurement.
A – AXIAL STRAIN
Allows for measurement of axial strain in real-time. In addition to the elementary measuring probes such as Point probe and Line probe, the Alpha Axial Strain measurement module includes the Extreme Line probe that divides the length of the specimen into multiple precisely defined gauge segments and detects the necking area. This function provides an advantage over conventional single-position measurement, wherein a rupture outside the gauge length area causes test invalidity.Line probe that divides the length of the specimen into multiple precisely defined gauge segments and detects the necking area. This function provides an advantage over conventional single-position measurement, wherein a rupture outside the gauge length area causes test invalidity.
T – TRANSVERSAL STRAIN
Allows for measuring of transversal strain in real-time. In addition to the elementary measurement probes such as Point probe and Line probe, the Alpha Transversal Strain measurement module includes the Trans Line probe with the edge detection feature. The Trans Line offers single or multiple line width measurement. This is an advantage over the conventional single-position measurement. All lines can be averaged for a precise Poisson’s ratio reading. The transversal module does not support axial strain measurement.
AT – AXIAL & TRANSVERSAL STRAIN
A bundle of Axial and Transversal modules.
TR – TORSIONAL
Allows for measurement of angular twist on cylindrical specimens in two positions. Usable in static and dynamic applications.This module is an extension and works only with the A or T modules.
PP – POST PROCESS
This module unlocks a remarkably efficient tool for processing of previously recorded tests with sub-sequent playback and data export. Each real-time measurement method can have multiple offline records with a custom probe layout. Post-Process is an optimal solution for measurement of unique or expensive specimens and components.
This module provides a strain or displacement distribution map, thereby enabling to obtain maximum available data from each experiment. This feature surpasses other technologies on the market. It helps users all over the world not just to improve the understanding of their experiments, but thanks to an easily interpretable output, also to sell their results effortlessly.
3D – STEREOSCOPIC DIC
Alpha 3D DIC combining DIC with stereo vision, can measure the 3D displacement field and surface strain field of 3D objects.
DIN – DEVICE INPUT
Enables real-time import of external values concerning force, motion, or temperature as an analog or digital signal into Alpha. Useful mainly for post-processing or measurements taking place outdoors.
CL – CRACK LENGTH
This module is designed for crack length measurement of compact tension (CT) or double cantilever beam (DCB) specimens. Line probe function is included in the CL module. Line probe enables crack opening measurement providing results comparable to conventional devices.
LSD – LINE STRAIN DISTRIBUTION
While a full-field strain distribution via DIC Area analysis needs post-processing due to a high number of computational points, the Line Strain Distribution provides a colorful strain visualization feature during real-time measurement. As seen below, this functionality applies to various measurement probes included in other modules.
ITT – INTELLIGENT TENSILE TEST
An advanced feature for measuring specimens with an outside layer creating fragments that eventually fall off. A typical application is the tensile testing of reinforcing steel bars with a layer of oxide or rust.
ADVANCED FEATURES OF THE 2D & 3D ALPHA DIC SW
- Computer vision camera measurement software
- Real-time evaluation of deformations (displacement & strain)
- Real-time dynamic optical measurement of deformations including their velocity and acceleration (up to 4kHz)
- Spatial real-time measurement
- Assisted 2D & 3D calibration procedure
- Real-time value averaging
- Time to Measured Value charts
- SW optimized for low latency – processing frames at high FPS
- Advanced calibration grid accuracy – easy adjustment for faster calibration
- Multiple stereo camera pair support for extended Field of View
- Stereo camera synchronization supporting multiple camera pairs
- Dedicated user interface configuration for material testing operators in industrial environments
- User Interface optimized for quick set-up and measurement
- Data post-processing and playback
- Real-time value output to a multitude of connected A/D devices (D/A converters and other generic binary or digital outputs to 3rd party applications)
- Real-time input of external values (from A/D converters or generic digital inputs transmitting data from testing machine sensors or other devices)
- SW can be fully controlled via API commands and queries
- 3D VTK Export (generic export useful for any further data processing and import into CAE (CAD/FEM/CFD) systems such as ANSYS and ParaView